Neil Davidson, who died on 3 May 2020, was family, friend, comrade and mentor to many around the world; an activist; a Marxist thinker and historian.
You can read the obituary by Raymond Morell here. This is a video of the online memorial event held on 11 July 2020:
This page collects people’s memories and photos of Neil and allows you to add your own.
Memories and pictures
Add your memories and pictures
- As radical as reality itself – Haymarket, 2018
- Nation States: consciousness and competition – Haymarket, 2016
- We cannot escape history: states and revolutions – Haymarket, 2015
- Holding fast to an image of the past: explorations in the Marxist tradition – Haymarket, 2014
- How revolutionary were the bourgeois revolutions (abridged version) – Haymarket, 2017
- How revolutionary were the bourgeois revolutions (full version) – Haymarket, 2012
- Discovering the Scottish Revolution 1692-1746 – Pluto, 2003
- The origins of Scottish nationhood – Pluto, 2000
- No problem here: understanding racism in Scotland (co-editor) – Luath Press, 2018
- Neoliberal Scotland, class and society in a stateless nation – Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2010
We have copies of the bold titles available at reduced price via the rs21 book service. The Pluto titles are available from www.plutobooks.com and half price in the Pluto summer sale. Otherwise you can order via your local independent bookseller.