Motions passed at National Meetings
9-10 February 2019
- Motion on climate change
- On the UK’s expected withdrawal from the EU
- Clarification of rs21 positions
30 September 2018
- Proposal: shifting from a magazine to regular pamphlets
- Verbal proposal accepted to recommend that the Steering Group earmark a significant proportion of the Organiser’s weekly work hours for working on the website.
9-10 June 2018
- Motion to increase the organiser’s payment to a level equivalent to the Living Wage
- A perspective on Syria
- rs21 complaints and disciplinary procedure
10-11 February 2018
17-18 June 2017
11-12 February 2017
- Mental Health – a proposal
- Centenary of the Russian revolution
- Pamphlets motion
- Proposal on the magazine
17-18 September 2016
- Radical anti-racist initiative
- Publication of rs21 resolutions
- Guidance document on sexual violence and domestic abuse
- By a narrow margin, rs21 adopted an internationalist Leave position on Brexit, which is explained here
- The Steering Group is made up of 11 people, of which a maximum of 6 can be men. The Steering Group is responsible for the political direction of the organisation between National Meetings, and is elected for two National Meeting intervals (usually 8 months).
- The Organiser is elected for a period of one year (to the nearest NM). The role may be shared between two people. The Organiser will not be a member of the Steering Group but will attend its meetings and have a tie-breaking vote.
- The Complaints Panel has 12 positions and is responsible for administering the Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure. It is elected on an annual basis.
- The Website Editor and Assistant Website Editor are each elected annually. They are jointly responsible for the running of the rs21 website. The Website Editor is an additional member of the Steering Group.
- The Treasurer is responsible for managing rs21’s finances and is appointed by the Steering Group.